The Law Library Assistant III performs a firmwide function such as cataloging, acquisitions or reference in addition to maintaining the local collection and providing basic level reference services.
- Under the supervision of a librarian, may do some or all of the following:
- Coordinate the ordering of new print publications firmwide.
- Provide basic research and reference services across the firm; provide assistance to the librarians, including copying, delivery of documents, printing articles and cases. Assist with interlibrary loan and document retrieval.
- Perform copy and original cataloging of materials across the firm; maintain and update the library catalog.
- Order and cancel passwords for electronic resources.
- Manage and process database cost/usage spreadsheets across the firm
- File contracts in firm’s reporting system.
- Assist in setting up firmwide training sessions for electronic resources.
- Check-in serials and process materials; claim missing materials as required; identify potential cancellations as needs/size change; order missing updates.
- Create and maintain routing records; route both print and electronic materials
- Verify and process invoices
- Work with vendors to resolve problems
- Liaise with filing staff, particularly managing of updates when irregularities occur.
- Handle circulation functions.
- Maintain orderliness of shelved materials
Skills & Experience:
- After orientation, exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, DTE, Adobe Acrobat, FileSurf and other Firm applications.
- 5+ years of technical services experience in a library or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in recognizing problems and formulating solutions.
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them within defined time constraints.
- Must be able to learn specialty software.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well both orally and in writing and to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Capable of working independently, accurately, effectively and efficiently under pressure while handling a high volume of materials quickly.
- Attention to detail.
Send resume to Elyse Eisner