Our client is a marketing, communications, public outreach, and stakeholder engagement agency based in Emeryville. They’ve been in business since 1997 and are a tight-knit team of inspired, creatively minded people with a strong client service culture. They provide a full range of integrated communications and engagement services in the fields of transportation, environmental planning, engineering, water resources, and construction.
• Perform full cycle accounts payable functions such as vendor maintenance, processing vendor invoices, reconciling credit card transactions and tracking billable expenses
• Full cycle Accounts Receivable functions such as client invoicing and collections
• Payroll and benefits administration
• Monthly closing procedures, prior period reconciliations and general ledger analysis
• Monitor assigned program budgets, manage spending reports and reconcile expenditures
• Perform a variety of records management functions and maintain compliance with retention guidelines
• support contract administration and the procurement process by providing requested financial statements, renewing certifications, and requesting certificates of insurance.
• Adhering to industry standard accounting practices and complying with government regulations.
• Special projects as required.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
• High proficiency with Quickbooks Online and Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to meet management objectives without direct supervision
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills, and ability to cross-check results to ensure reasonableness and accuracy
• Ability to explain complex financial data clearly and concisely
• Proven track record of working within a fast-paced organization and handling multiple projects simultaneously
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with a commitment to deliver quality work
• Have strong communication skills and a solid understanding of client service protocols
• Enjoy collaborating on solutions and actively contributing to team effort
• Are self-motivated and skillful at prioritizing tasks and organizing your workflow
It’d be great if you had...
• Experience with employee benefit administration
• Experience with multi-state payroll
• Familiarity with administrating government contracts and public sector reporting
• Experience within a consulting firm or creative agency
This is a part-time non-exempt role with the potential to become full-time, and an expected hourly pay range of $ 45.00/hour to $ 65.00/hour. Vacation and sick leave, 401K, and other benefits, pending eligibility. Hybrid schedule of in-office (Emeryville) and remote work currently in place. Legal eligibility to work in the US required.
Please send resume to Catherine Ghent.
Taylor & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to addressing discriminatory practices. Taylor & Associates provides fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law.